FORM (www.formswim.com) is a sports technology company with a simple mission: to break down the barriers between what swimming is and what it could be. We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our rapidly growing team.
At FORM, you’ll help us write the rulebook on augmented reality in a new market. You’ll have the freedom to shape your role, how you own it, and how you grow with us. You’ll get to wear many hats, to coach, and to learn. And you’ll be part of an amazing and diverse group of people who love to work and play together.
A Little Bit About Us
Founded in 2016 in Vancouver, Canada, FORM is the sports technology company behind the FORM Swim Goggles, a pair of premium swim goggles with a see-through, augmented-reality display that delivers performance metrics in real time.
Our founder and CEO, Dan Eisenhardt, swam competitively for 14 years before starting his career as a sports technology entrepreneur. His previous company, Recon Instruments, introduced the world’s first smart eyewear for sports in 2010 and was acquired by Intel in 2015. FORM employs many of the people from that original team, leveraging decades of combined expertise in sports-eyewear design, activity-tracking algorithms, and augmented-reality optics.
To learn more, visit www.formswim.com.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer who has experience writing backend and frontend code in a production environment. The ideal candidate will assume a proactive role in all stages of the development process from helping define requirements to deploying updates. The role requires someone who has experience designing and developing RESTful APIs, as well as developing for eCommerce platforms following industry best practices. If you enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and have experience with agile development, we’d like to talk to you!
- Write and design scalable, reliable, secure, and highly performant RESTful APIs that power FORM’s mobile apps.
- Work closely with the marketing and design teams to implement new features on FORM’s eCommerce platform.
- Maintain the highest level of product reliability, code quality, and reusability by writing unit tests and integration tests to validate new features.
- Collaborate with and mentor other developers to establish best practices for the team.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture and coding practice discussions for new product and digital marketing features.
- Identify new technologies, trends, opportunities and how they might relate to improving our products and overall business.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or in a similar role.
- Experience with server-side web languages, such as Node.js.
- Experience building APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience using cloud computing services, such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Up-to-date with the latest and most popular web languages and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, including preprocessors such as SASS.
- Experience with Shopify or similar ecommerce platforms.
- Experience implementing responsive designs and optimizing UI/UX.
- Knowledge of email development, using best practices and templating languages (MJML or Foundation).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing business conditions and priorities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A passion for building great web products.
- Experience in a fast-paced, energetic startup environment.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask and wear many hats.
- Entrepreneurial spirit—self-starter and proactive.
We’re daring, we’re focused, we’re human.
We thank you for your interest in FORM and to everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
FORM is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We recognize that we are better able to achieve our goals and live our core values of being daring, focused and human, when we have a diverse team of employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, race, colour, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, or political beliefs.
Apply at: https://ca.indeed.com/job/full-stack-developer-0964d5c763f372ab